zaterdag 25 januari 2014

Valentino Haute Couture spring 2014

As most of you know, Valentino is one of my favourite brands and they blew me away once again with their over the top haute couture spring 2014 collection. One of the things a love about the design team, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, is that they seek inspiration in history. With the "Flemish masters" collection in mind, I couldn't wait to see what Valentino would bring to the table this time. The inspiration source was opera. An example of that was the opening dress which was a reference to La Traviata from Giuseppe Verdi.

A second theme was animals. A swan, a snake, a peacock, lions and elephants were in the most mind-blowing ways build in the dresses. This was my favourite collection from the week and I predict a lot of these dresses will make it to the red carpet.

Here are some of my favourite looks, sorry I couldn't choose. Which are you favourite looks?





















8 opmerkingen:

  1. Omg these are just too stunning! Love them all and how elegant they are :) great post!

    GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'm loving it. Heel vrouwelijk en sierlijk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. so amazing and inspirational!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/2014/01/getting-ready-for-valentines-day.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. In love with this collection!

    www.mtlborn.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. so elegant and the sheer-ness makes it more sexy!


    - vist me on my new outfit post -





    The Milano Mode

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Omg I love these, so gorgeous! Such a shame that 1. I could never afford these 2. Even if I did I wouldn't have anywhere to use these! :D
    Stelliinou's xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen