maandag 18 november 2013

For the love of the Speedy bag

I don't think this bag needs any introduction anymore. The Speedy bag is a celebrity on its own since Audrey Hepburn was spotted with it decennia ago. She's not the only fan of the Speedy Louis Vuitton bag, many famous people have been spotted with it. And honestly how can you not love it! This bag is a classic, yet matches every outfit. You can buy it in many seizes to your own liking and choose different fabrics and patterns. The bag can be carried in your hand or on your arm but you can also buy the Speedy with a bandolier to put in on your shoulder.

I can call myself the lucky owner of 3 Speedy bags: the "Monogram" Speedy, the "Azur Damier" Speedy" and the "Ebene Damier" Speedy


The oldest one is the monogram Speedy, I bought it in 2009 I think. You can see that the handles have aged a bit but this gives the bag its vintage look I like. Only a couple of months ago a friend told me you could get your bag personalised with your initials for free, a great service of Louis Vuitton. This Monogram Speedy has already been on many journeys with me.


The Damier Azur is my "least" favourite of the 3. I don't use this bag that much because of the colors. First of all these are more summer colors and secondly I'm afraid the bag gets dirty. The other Speedy's I even take out to parties but seriously if somebody would spill a drink on this one, I would probably go insane ;) I personalised this bag with a keychain.


The Damier Ebene I bought a couple of weeks ago in Milan. When I was younger I always preferred the Monograme because of the obvious "LV". But with age come wisdom and my preference moved to the Damier Ebene bag. I bought this bag with a bandolier which I  would advise to every single one of you. It makes the bag a bit more expensive but also more useful. Carrying around a bag whole day long on your arm is super painful so I really wanted this bag to be more practical. 


Buying the bag in Milan was a spectacle on itself. After buying the bag I had to leave my new "baby" for 2 hours in the store so the staff of Louis Vuitton could put my initials on it. After two hours I went back to the store and they told me to go the second floor. This floor was really mouthwatering since all the clothes of the runway show where displayed there. We had to wait to get into an office. There I got my bag and a staff member wrapped it in the famous brown box and bag. 


Here you see which colors,... you can choose to put on your bag. 

 Celebrities spotted with the Speedy bag
from Left to right: Ashley Olsen with the Monogram Speedy, Hilary Duff with the Damier Azur Speedy, Miley Cyrus with the Monogram Speedy, Miranda Kerr with the Ebene Speedy, Jessica Simpson with the Monogram Speedy



6 opmerkingen:

  1. Het speedy-model is ook echt één van mijn favorieten! En de initialen erop maken het natuurlijk af.. Heb alleen spijt dat ik de kleinste 'Ebene Speedy' heb gekocht, ik vind hem in een maatje groter net dat ietsje mooier (&practischer)! xo Caroline C

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Caroline, ja dat klopt! Persoonlijk vind ik de maat 30 het beste. Deze heb ik voor de monogram en Ebene en is heel praktisch. De Azure heb ik in 35, geloof ik en vind ik iets te groot!

      Verwijderen
  2. Ja inderdaad! mijn volgende (en die komt er sowieso!) wordt een 30! Toffe blog trouwens, ik kom vaak kijken, blijf zo verder doen! ;) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankjewel Caroline! Fijn om te horen dat je de blog goed vind en dat je volgt!

      Verwijderen
  3. Super mooie tassen!! Zou er zelf ook eentje willen, maar ik vind ze te duur. Mijn handtassen overleven meestal maar anderhalf tot 2 jaar. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ze zijn inderdaad prijzig maar mijn eerste speedy heb ik ongeveer 5 jaar geleden gekocht en deze is nog steeds in perfecte staat.

      Verwijderen